Tuesday 25 November 2014

Autumn Cosiness

There is something special about this time of year.  A mixture of colder darker evenings that draw you inwards - a time to reflect on the year gone by.  Watching the leaves turn through fiery hues until they dance their final dance and become part of the landscape of the Earth once more.





Fine frosty mornings are always a favourite, glistening trees and sparkling grass in the park. Sunday however was a rainy day.  By that I don’t mean a few hours of the wet stuff, I mean it was raining when we woke up and it was still raining over 12 hours later!  There was only one thing for it, and that was to hunker down and get the cosy going.



For the baby Trolls that meant getting homework done, making models, watching films and playing games after helping with household chores.  For daddy Troll and myself that meant getting chores done first and then I sneaked some time for crafting while Daddy troll escaped into computer land.

I finished some wrist warmers to match the hat that was my first foray into knitting. Here is the hat - details of which you can find over on  Ravelry HERE although I din’t use the suggested wool - because who follows the rules ever ;)

I used 3 and a bit balls of KIKO instead and this is so thick and cosy and such a beautiful colour too.




Then I found another very easy pattern for the wrist warmers because I still had some wool left.  They also had a few new techniques in it that I didn’t know, such as in row button holeing (for making thumb holes) and cable cast on. The pattern again is from Ravelry - isn’t that the greatest site for knitters!

They are called Cheetahs because they are fast to make, and I’d have to agree, especially in such a chunky yarn each one took no more than two hours from start to finish. You can find it HERE


In other news, I have so far managed to cut out all the pattern pieces for Daddy Troll’s new coat, now on to the bit I dont’ like, which is cutting out all the pattern pieces from the fabric.  It also looks like I’m going to have to be a bit inventive with the toggle fastenings as they seem to be quite elusive in this country - however I can get hold of leather scraps and horn buttons. I think a bit of experimentation might be coming this way soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment