Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wingspan Bites The Dust

Here it is my finished Wingspan and Beyond



I have to say that this was a really great beginner project.  It is all done in knit stitch but introduced me to a technique I’m sure every seasoned knitter will know called German Short Rows.  Being a total rookie in the yarn department however, I called upon the mighty all knowing You Tube, sat and watched THIS tutorial and began. After the first couple of rows it was easy and I had this finished in a few days.

The Ravelry tutorial also shows you lots of ways that you can alter the look of this scarf/shawl, larger, longer,  beaded and fringed are just some of the options available to you.  This is certainly going to be a pattern I come back to at some point - but next time I want all the bells and whistles on it.  I’m thinking lacy, beaded, big and bright too!


So having completed that project I now have a choice, actually I have about a million choices, but since I’m not an octopus I shall have to choose just one.  


I think since that C thingy (insert grumpy grinch face and a bah humbug too) is not too far away I should get on with Daddy Troll’s gift. I’m going to be making Albion and since the fabrics arrived yesterday I think this is it.  He chose some dark brown boiled wool and some brushed cotton plaid from Truro Fabrics.  I still have buttons and toggle closures to get but I can make a good start on this today. So on that note I’d better get a wiggle on it. Toodle pip.






No comments:

Post a Comment