Saturday 9 May 2015

Holy Schmoley!

Well isn’t 2015 just running away with itself?

I feel like one of those wind up music boxes. I used to have one of these as a kid, I wonder where it got to.......




Anyway, before my mind wanders, back to the point.

 The year starts out all slow and the music is all dark and sinister sounding, like something from the land time forgot and then as the speed picks up everything is just perfect for a short while. The music plays it’s sweet tune and the notes are just perfect, piercing the air with crystal clarity.   That’s where I feel like we are right about now. The days are long and sunny, but the heat of the summer hasn’t hit yet and things haven’t got too oppressive - I don’t do well in the heat, it all swells up and things get a little ugly. I am a troll after all and we are not known for our sun worshipping!

I have been very busy this year, although been very naughty and haven’t been documenting any of it.
So here is a little of what I have been up to.

There has been eating... as always. Here we have strawberry gateaux specially made for Beltaine and devoured in earnest by all those present.


and some more eating, home grown rhubarb and peanut butter cookies which were the size of my hand!! Well done to middle trollfling for those.


Then there has been gardening.  We have to keep the local cat population in soft freshly dug earth to sit on after all ;)


And there has also been lots of making going on too.  This is a quilt made for a customer earlier in the year, all made from saved clothes and fabric remnants.  This is my favourite kind of project, reduce, reuse, recycle, make Mumma a happy troll....but not too happy, that would be unseemly ( for a troll).



There has been more reusing too. This cushion was originally just the cross stitch part in the middle, but the back was worn away and there was a feathery explosion so I raided the fabric stash and found some fabrics to make it into a new, bigger better and more importantly less explosive cushion. This is an in progress shot of it. The yellow corduroy is the back, and I just happened to have a zip of the perfect size and colour - serendipity in action.


I still have more to share, quite a bit really so..... maybe I’ll make up for lost time and do a SECOND POST( mother of all god’s - did I just actually suggest that)  tomorrow, but for now I am being yelled at to go and paint some walls. Enchanted green and some (shade) of white here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment