Friday 30 January 2015

January Roundup.



Good grief where is 2015 going already!!

January is hurtling towards its end and the year seems to be getting ever quicker as the days and nights lighten.  Spring will be here before you know it (hooray). Those longer days make anything seem possible don’t they?

Well, crafty wise it has been a reasonable month. The first project was the  Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt which I set out to complete in one week.  Well I almost did, so I’m not unhappy about that.  The top was finished, but it still has to be quilted and bound. I didn’t stick religiously to the pattern that was provided - I like a little tinker with quilt patterns.



I did get one project completed from beginning to end which was Littlest Troll’s Stampy Cat bag. I will finish the next part of that tutorial soon.
It has had lots of admirers from other kids at the home ed groups we attend which is just lovely.  It’s always nice to see your work appreciated. I’ve also had a request to make another for a birthday gift - which is praise indeed and made me very happy.





So there we go, that’s January folks.  February is just round the corner and I’m aiming to for more completed things - get a few more items in the Etsy shop and I have a couple of commissions to make which will be fun. I’m also intending to get out in that garden of mine and dig up some of those pesky weeds before they run rampant for the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment